Group Yoga Therapy
Our Group Yoga Therapy sessions give African-American women a space to breathe and be. As you connect with fellow participants you tap into your personal power using therapeutic yoga poses, Ayurveda-inspired rituals and self-care techniques.
Group Yoga Therapy is ideal for people who want the benefits of individualized sessions with the support of learning in a community setting. These sessions provide an accessible way to experience the benefits of Yoga Therapy in a more affordable format.
Yoga therapy uses the tools of yoga to help ease suffering on a physical and pyscho-social emotional levels. Group Sessions engage in mindfulness techniques such as guided meditation and conscious breathwork and reflective journaling.
SISTAS YOGA SERIES™
Our signature series, Sistas Yoga Series™ is an intimate 6-week experience of yoga, sisterhood, and self-care. We open up to what our beautiful, bodacious, bad a** bodies can do in a yoga practice, learn to listen to our over-flowing minds during guided meditations and take a break from stress-filled lives with mindful breathing. Join our next group session here.
Group Yoga Therapy helps individuals with:
- cancer management
- caregiver support
- Intergenerational Trauma
- grief, depression, and anxiety
- chronic pain
- women’s reproductive concerns (fibroids, endometriosis, menopause)
- heart disease
- orthopedic and neurological concerns
- Intake session with musculoskeletal and energetic assessments
- 30-90 minute group sessions that include meditation, yoga poses, breathwork, Ayurveda-inspiration, lifestyle guidance
- energetic movement
- reflective journaling
- Aromatherapy and music selections